Certificate I in Construction (CPC10120)
This course provides an introduction to the construction industry, its culture, occupations, job roles and workplace expectations.
The units of competency cover:
- essential work health and safety requirements
- the industrial and work organisation structure
- communication skills
- work planning
- basic use of tools and materials
Our comprehensive training focuses on general construction skills and workplace preparation. Students will apply their skills and knowledge to practical construction projects and on completion of the course, students will have the ability to tackle a wide range of on-site duties. These duties will include:
- working safely in the construction industry
- planning and organising work
- conducting workplace communication
- carrying out measurements and calculations
- handling construction materials
- many other on-site essentials.
Duration: 12 months including 80 hours structured workplace learning (SWL).
Completion requirements: This qualification will be granted when competency is demonstrated and achieved in a minimum of 11 units as described in the construction information sheet (PDF, 624KB).